Description and Details
This ornate silver chased pint mug was made by silversmith Hayne & Carter in London, 1860.
Featuring a full-body embellishment of classic Victorian chasings of flowers and scrolls in combination with a curved aesthetic design, this tankard offers an array of intricate designs.
The interior is fully gilded and remains in excellent condition with a glossy mirror-like finish.
The handle features an elegant curved design with a cast-silver acanthus leaf on the top (thumbpiece).
The body of the tankard/mug is decorated with unique curved scrolls and semi-spherical balls on four of the corners. The cartouche on the front is unmonnogrammed.
The tankard holds 1 full pint and has no leaks - in practical and useable condition.
Full set of hallmarks are present on the fluted sides, the maker's mark is particularly rubbed.
An excellent piece for an addition to a silver tableware collection or as a single practical piece of silverware for personal use.
- Intricately engraved and embellished exterior.
- Original Victorian design and chasing.
- Excellent inner gilding and overall condition.
- Size (mm) Diameter: 85mm (90mm inc handle) Height: 130mm
- Size (inches) Diameter: 30.34 (3.54 inc handle) Height: 5.11
- Weight: 262 grams (9.24oz)
Excellent Condition - There are no cracks, dents or major issues - in excellent antique condition. Please refer to the photographs to examine the condition in further detail.
Artisan Antiques offers a Global Free Shipping Service with discreet packaging and delivery.
*All parcels are insured - all shipping liabilities are covered by Artisan Antiques.
*Colours of the product may slightly differ from the photos due to different computer screens & lighting conditions*
- Price negotiations may be possible under certain criteria, please contact us via telephone (07578761640) or email (email@example.com) -