Description and Details
This Victorian solid silver coffee pot was made by silversmith Robert Harper in London, 1860.
The exterior features an encompassment of beautifully chased floral and acanthus motifs with accompanying scrolls surrounding the vacant cartouches on both sides of the pot.
The long spout extends with a slight s-shaped curvature and the handle features an ornate scrolled design with original insulators still in good condition (only very fine hairlines)
The pot cover has a sturdy weight and the finial on top features a cast-silver flower bud and the hinge provides a smooth opening/closure. Note: there is one area when the cover is opened where the original design flaw makes the lid touch the handle and thus has some wear.
The pot has no leaks and the interior is fairly clean with only patina and surface discolouration. The base is clearly hallmarked with the maker's mark, date, London assay, silver lion passant and the Victorian head.
- Excellent Condition Victorian Solid Silver Coffee Pot.
- Ornate chased motifs with beautifully curved aesthetics.
- No Leaks or issues.
- Size (mm) Width: 145mm (220mm inc handle and spout). Height: 245mm
- Size (inches) Width: 5.70 (8.66 inc handle and spout). Height: 9.64
- Weight: 800 Grams (28.2 oz)
Excellent Condition - Please bear in mind the item is antique and may show slight signs of surface wear depending on the lighting. There are no dents, cracks or leaks. Please note there are fine hairlines in the handle insulators and an original flaw where an area of the lid touches the handle. Please refer to the photographs to examine the condition in further detail.
Artisan Antiques offers a Global Free Shipping Service with discreet packaging and delivery.
*All parcels are insured and tracked - all shipping liabilities are covered by Artisan Antiques.
*Colours of the product may slightly differ from the photos due to different computer screens & lighting conditions*
- Price negotiations may be possible under certain criteria, please contact us via telephone (07578761640) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) -