Description and Details
We are delighted to offer this unique Victorian silver lidded tankard made in Sheffield 1840.
The exterior features a beautiful raised floral Victorian design with intricately chased acanthus scrolls and curved lines. The tankard's shape itself features a wider base and a fluted top.
The lid compliments the overall curved aesthetic with further chasing and stippling. The thumb-piece is a scallop-shaped design which is fitted in combination with a smooth and sturdy hinge.
The interior equally matches and compliments the external ornate design with a mirror-like gilt finish. The tankard holds 1 full pint with no leaks/issues.
The base of the tankard is raised by a circular foot that features a stippled acanthus motif all around the circumference.
All hallmarks except the maker's mark are visible on this Tankard.
A lovely piece for personal usage or as an addition to a collection.
- Classical Victorian chased design.
- Lidded design with ornate curved aesthetics.
- Excellent interior gilding.
- Size (mm) Diameter: 95mm (135 inc handle) Height: 165mm
- Size (inches) Diameter: 3.74 (5.31 inc handle) Height: 6.49
- Weight: 417 Grams (14.70 oz)
Excellent Condition - Please bear in mind the item is antique and may show signs of surface wear. There is one very minor dent to the foot - otherwise, the tankard is in excellent condition. Please refer to the photographs to examine the condition in further detail.
Artisan Antiques offers a Global Free Shipping Service with discreet packaging and delivery.
*All parcels are insured and tracked - all shipping liabilities are covered by Artisan Antiques.
*Colours of the product may slightly differ from the photos due to different computer screens & lighting conditions*
- Price negotiations may be possible under certain criteria, please contact us via telephone (07578761640) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) -