Description and Details
We are delighted to offer this phenomenal Louis XV/Rococo style Victorian teapot made by silversmith Edward & John Barnard in London, 1854.
Barnard produced a wide array of items with varying degrees of ornamental decorations - however, some pieces have been documented to have been made with exceptional quality and unique features.
Such remarkable craftsmanship is evident in the external rocaille (rococo) style embossing and chasing of the teapot.
The exterior is fully embellished with Louis XV style scrolls and curves which are complemented by the cast silver chased borders and the intricate stippled floral emboss.
The top lid features a heavy and ornamental finial in addition to with further acanthus and rococo styled chasing and stippling.
The interior is fully clean and in excellent usable condition with no leaks or issues.
The handle has a secure and solid feel with original ivory insulators (some minor hairlines are present).
The base is fully hallmarked with the maker's mark, date mark, London assay, and the silver lion passant.
A highly ornate and decorative teapot ideal to highlight and add rococo taste to a collection or for an indulging time for personal usage.
- Exquisite embossing, chasing and cast silver Louis XV design.
- Excellent condition for display and practical usage.
- Outstanding aesthetic design and proportions of rococo taste.
- Size (mm) L:275mm (Inc Handle) W:175mm H:225mm
- Size (inches) L:10.8 (Inc Handle) W:6.88 H:8.85
- Weight: 807 grams (28.4 oz)
Excellent Condition - Please bear in mind the item is antique and may show signs of surface wear. There are no issues with the pot and is in excellent condition. Please refer to the photographs to examine the condition in further detail.
Artisan Antiques offers a Global Free Shipping Service with discreet packaging and delivery.
*All parcels are insured and tracked - all shipping liabilities are covered by Artisan Antiques.
*Colours of the product may slightly differ from the photos due to different computer screens & lighting conditions*
- Price negotiations may be possible under certain criteria, please contact us via telephone (07578761640) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) -