Description and Details
This silver gilt snuff box was made silversmith James Barrat in London, 1816.
The exterior features a classical Georgian engine turned design with the highlighting feature being the raised scenic lid which depicts a shepherd boy and a girl outdoors with a sheepdog on the right-hand side and two sheep on the left.
The scenic lid is bordered by Rococo style embellishments such as the acanthus leaves and scrolls.
The interior is also fully gilded with a clean and glossy finish. The lid and hinge of the box function perfectly with a smooth and tight closure.
The rather square geometric design of the box makes it easy to hold in hand and quite portable.
Hallmarks are fully present on the interior with the maker, date, Georgian head, silver passant and town assay mark.
Overall, an excellent collector's piece in great condition and with an impressive aesthetic and luxurious presence.
- Intricately chased lid with an outdoor scene of a shepherd boy and girl.
- Fully gilt box with the excellent build quality and craftsmanship.
- Georgian classic engine turned sides and base.
- Size (mm) L:60mm W:45mm H:17mm
- Size (inches) L:2.36 W:1.77 H:0.66
- Weight: 81 grams (2.85oz)
Great Condition - Please bear in mind the item is antique and has a small patch of wear on the base. The interior has a micro dent due to original chasing (not damaged due to age). There are no cracks or major issues. Please refer to the photographs to examine the condition in further detail.
Artisan Antiques offers a Global Free Shipping Service with discreet packaging and delivery.
*All parcels are insured - all shipping liabilities are covered by Artisan Antiques.
*Colours of the product may slightly differ from the photos due to different computer screens & lighting conditions*
- Price negotiations may be possible under certain criteria, please contact us via telephone (07578761640) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) -