Description and Details
We are delighted to offer this magnificent solid silver tea set made by silversmith Benjamin Smith in London 1836.
This set is fully hallmarked under Benjamin Smith III, the son of Benjamin Smith II who was one of England's "important silversmiths", working alongside other reputable names such as Paul Storr.
The exterior is heavily embellished with an array of ornate designs such as the embossed acanthus leaf motifs with accompanying hand chased scrolls. The fluted rims of all three pieces feature a sea spume (foam) design, intricately crafted by an applied border on the edge and fine stippling to replicate the bubbles of spume.
The finial of the teapot presents an ornamental silver pheasant with detailed hand engravings of feathers and body features.
The milk jug and sugar bowl feature equally impressive designs with the addition of a clean gilt interior. The interior of the teapot is clean considering its age with only slight tarnishing.
All components of the set do not have any issues with no leaks or dents. The teapot handle is secure though the ivory insulators have some minor hairlines.
An excellent condition and crafted set of English silverware ideal uncompromising collectors for indulgent usage.
- Unique Sea Spume and Acanthus combination.
- Magnificent embossed external and gilt interior design.
- 3 Piece set made by Benjamin Smith III
- Teapot Size (mm) L:280mm W:165mm H:170mm
- Teapot Size (inches) L:11.02 W:6.49 H:6.69
- Teapot Weight: 760 Grams (26.8 oz)
- Sugar Bowl Size (Handle to Handle) L:230mm W:150mm H:100mm
- Sugar Bowl Size (inches) L:9.05 W:5.90 H:3.93
- Sugar Bowl Weight: 464 Grams (16.3 oz)
- Milk Jug Size L:145mm W:100mm H:130mm
- Milk Jug Size (inches) L:5.70 W:3.93 H:5.11
- Milk Jug Weight: 264 Grams (9.31 oz)
Great Condition - Please note for accuracy, there are three small solders on the bottom of the teapot next to the foot that have been added to prevent leaks, however, this is minor and cannot be seen at all when placed upright.
There are no leaks, dents or cracks - the set is in great condition.
Please bear in mind the item is antique and may show some slight signs of surface wear and a small crest mark engraving on one side of each piece. Please refer to the photographs to examine the condition in further detail.
Artisan Antiques offers a Global Free Shipping Service with discreet packaging and delivery.
*All parcels are insured and tracked - all shipping liabilities are covered by Artisan Antiques.
*Colours of the product may slightly differ from the photos due to different computer screens & lighting conditions*
- Price negotiations may be possible under certain criteria, please contact us via telephone (07578761640) or email (email@example.com) -