Description and Details
This three-piece solid silver Georgian tea set was made by Robert Peppin in London, 1824.
Being made in the latter period of the Georgian era, all three pieces comprise an array of ornamental chasing featuring floral motifs and a "melon-shaped" overall design.
The teapot presents a lovely oriental figural finial with great chinoiserie influences. The handle and finial are firmly applied to the body with continued chasing and an acanthus leaf thumb-piece. The interior remains very clean and leak-free.
The sugar bowl and milk pitcher also feature the same "melon-shaped" exterior with ornate chasings throughout. The flared rim of both pieces meticulously leads to the gilt interior which remains in excellent condition with no gilding loss. The gilding not only contrasts the silver colour aesthetically but provides a layer of protection from the contents inside, reducing rust and oxidation forming inside the silverware.
The hallmarks are fully and clearly present on all pieces and have matching marks throughout. On the right-hand side of each piece, a small monogram "JR" is present.
- Georgian 1824 Solid Silver and Interior Gilt 3 Piece Tea Set
- Chinoiserie Interest and Influence.
- High Georgian Style Relief Chasing.
- Teapot Size (mm) L:265mm W:176mm H:140mm
- Teapot Size (inches) L:10.4 W:6.92 H:5.51
- Teapot Weight: 792 Grams (27.9 oz)
- Teapot Capacity: 1 Litre to the brim.
- Sugar Bowl Size (Handle to Handle) Diametre:205mm Height:95mm
- Sugar Bowl Size (inches) Diametre:8.07 Height:3.74
- Sugar Bowl Weight: 390 Grams (13.7 oz)
- Milk Jug Size L:150mm W:105mm H:75mm
- Sugar Bowl Size (inches) L:5.90 W:4.13 H:2.95
- Milk Jug Weight: 263 Grams (9.27oz)
Total Weight 1445g (50.9 oz)
Excellent Condition - The tea set is in excellent antique condition with no dents, damage, leaks or issues.
Artisan Antiques offers a Global Free Shipping Service with discreet packaging and delivery.
*All parcels are insured - all shipping liabilities are covered by Artisan Antiques.
*Colours of the product may slightly differ from the photos due to different computer screens & lighting conditions*
- Price negotiations may be possible under certain criteria, please contact us via telephone (07578761640) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) -