Description and Details
This engine turned silver snuff box was made in Birmingham 1835 by silversmith Edward Smith.
The exterior features a classic Georgian engine turned design with reeded lines on the sides of the box. The cartouche on in the middle of the lid has been monogrammed.
Interior wise, the box has been gilded and remains in great condition with a glossy mirror-like finish.
The hinge and closure of the box function excellently with a smooth and tight closure.
Full hallmarks are present on both the lid and base of the box.
A great little addition to a silver collection or for a personal box (pill cases, trinket box, snuff box, etc).
- Classic Georgian engine turned design.
- Fully gilt interior finish.
- Sleek "pocketable" design - ideal for portability and practical use.
- Size (mm) L:73mm W:43mm H:14mm
- Size (inches) L:2.87 W:1.69 H:0.55
- Weight: 81 grams (2.85oz)
Fair Condition - Please bear in mind the item is antique and shows signs of surface wear and rubbing on the engine turned surfaces. The corners of the box have slight knocks and one of the edges has a minor pinhole. Otherwise, there are no faults. Please refer to the photographs to examine the condition in further detail.
Artisan Antiques offers a Global Free Shipping Service with discreet packaging and delivery.
*All parcels are insured - all shipping liabilities are covered by Artisan Antiques.
*Colours of the product may slightly differ from the photos due to different computer screens & lighting conditions*
- Price negotiations may be possible under certain criteria, please contact us via telephone (07578761640) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) -