Description and Details
We are delighted to offer this 5-piece solid silver tea/coffee service made by George Fox in 1865.
The set consists of a kettle, teapot, sugar bowl, creamer and a coffee pot - please note, the maker for the coffee pot is separate (Elkington & Co) though the design is visually identical and matching.
The set presents a consistent elegant design throughout all pieces featuring a high polish, mirror-like finish on the exterior body with fine and intricate engravings around the top band. From the waist downwards, all pieces feature a tightly gadrooned motif, terminating at a circular raised base.
Additional minimalistic embellishments such as the beaded border on the "shoulder" of the teapot and the flared top band of the creamer and sugar bowl further highlight the intricacy of craftsmanship present on this set. From above, the cast acanthus finials of all three pots and the surrounding borders provide an excellent symmetric and conforming aesthetic design.
Interior-wise, the teapot, coffee pot and kettle remain clean and leak-free. The sugar bowl and milk pitcher feature a fully gilt interior that magnificently contrasts the monochromatic silver exterior.
In hand, all pieces have a very solid and sturdy weight in which the excellent quality of the silverware is evident. The hinges and lids of the pots have an excellently smooth movement providing the needed support for the heavy and solid lid/covers.
The handles of each piece are steadily attached to the body with both ends terminating in an intricately chased acanthus leaf design.
All hallmarks are present and clear, however, the coffee pot features a different maker and the other components feature different dates.
A superb choice for collectors of traditional English silverware for dining tables etc and equally practical and indulging for usage.
- Elegant 5-piece engraved Victorian Tea Set.
- Magnificent gilt interior design.
- Minimalist yet aesthetic exterior design combining gadrooning, engravings and plain surfaces.
- Kettle Size (mm) L:220mm W:170mm H:310mm
- Kettle Size (inches) L:8.66 W:6.69 H:12.2
- Kettle Weight: 1334 Grams (47.05 oz)
- Kettle Capacity: 1.5 Litres (2.0 to the brim).
- Teapot Size (mm) L:220mm W:145mm H:110mm
- Teapot Size (inches) L:8.66 W:5.70 H:4.33
- Teapot Weight: 712 Grams (25.11 oz)
- Teapot Capacity: 1 Litre
- Coffee Size (mm) L:230mm W:125mm H:195mm
- Coffee Size (inches) L:9.05 W:4.92 H:7.67
- Coffee Weight: 863 Grams (30.44 oz)
- Coffee Capacity: 1.5 Litre
- Sugar Bowl Size (Handle to Handle) L:160mm W:105mm H:100mm
- Sugar Bowl Size (inches) L:5.64 W:3.70 H:3.52
- Sugar Bowl Weight: 300 Grams (11.8 oz)
- Milk Jug Size L:118mm W:105mm H:70mm
- Milk Jug Size (inches) L:4.64 W:3.70 H:2.75
- Milk Jug Weight: 185 Grams (6.52 oz)
Great Condition - Please bear in mind the item is antique and may show some slight signs of surface wear and minor blemishes. There are no leaks, repairs or cracks- the set is in great condition. Please refer to the photographs to examine the condition in further detail.
Artisan Antiques offers a Global Free Shipping Service with discreet packaging and delivery.
*All parcels are insured and tracked - all shipping liabilities are covered by Artisan Antiques.
*Colours of the product may slightly differ from the photos due to different computer screens & lighting conditions*
- Price negotiations may be possible under certain criteria, please contact us via telephone (07578761640) or email (email@example.com) -