Description and Details
This solid silver vesta case was made by silversmith Deakin & Francis Ltd in Birmingham, 1887.
The vesta case features a novelty enamel exterior with a match stick image substituting the word "match" for the phrase "A match for any man".
The opposite side features a plain silver finish with curved edges in addition to a striker's bottom and a hinged top lid.
The lid and hinge are in good working condition however some pin dents, scratching on the enamel and some overall wear are present on this vesta case.
The vesta case is marked with the maker's mark of Deakin & Francis Ltd and the date letter of 1887 in addition to the victorian head.
- Unique and humourous silver enamel vesta case.
- Collectable and practical for compact storage and carry.
- Size (mm) L:40 W:32 H:7
- Size (inches) L:1.57 W:1.25 H:0.27
- Weight: 20 grams (0.70 oz)
Antique Condition - Please bear in mind the item is antique and shows signs of surface wear, small denting and hairline scratches on the enamel. Please refer to the photographs to examine the condition in further detail.
Artisan Antiques offers a Global Free Shipping Service with discreet packaging and delivery.
*All parcels are insured and tracked - all shipping liabilities are covered by Artisan Antiques.
*Colours of the product may slightly differ from the photos due to different computer screens & lighting conditions*
- Price negotiations may be possible under certain criteria, please contact us via telephone (07578761640) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) -