Description and Details
This Georgian silver-gilt snuff box was made by silversmith William Edwards in London 1817
Uniquely the box features a lovely silver gilt exterior and interior with contrasting textures. The external design consists of an engine turned motif with a floral raised thumb-piece. Internally, the box has a high polish finish and thus the gilding has a reflective mirror-like texture.
In hand, a good quality feel is apparent with a smooth hinge and a perfect closure of the lid.
The box is fully hallmarked with the maker's mark, London assay, silver lion, Georgian head and the date mark.
A uniquely interesting snuff box ideal for adding a hint of gold to your existing silver collection or as a sumptuous pill/snuff box for personal use.
- Highly ornate gilt exterior and interior
- Classical Georgian Design
- Floral raised thumb-piece with intricate detailing
- Size (mm) L:60mm W:32mm H:17mm
- Size (inches) L:2.36 W:1.25 H:0.66
- Weight: 54 Grams (1.90 oz)
Great Condition - Please bear in mind the item is antique and shows signs of surface wear on the base of the box. There are no dents, cracks or issues - the box is in excellent condition. Please refer to the photographs to examine the condition in further detail.
Artisan Antiques offers a Global Free Shipping Service with discreet packaging and delivery.
*All parcels are insured and tracked - all shipping liabilities are covered by Artisan Antiques.
*Colours of the product may slightly differ from the photos due to different computer screens & lighting conditions*
- Price negotiations may be possible under certain criteria, please contact us via telephone (07578761640) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) -