Description and Details
A pocket-sized English Victorian solid silver snuff box with a gold gilt interior made by silversmith Thomas Shaw in Birmingham 1838. A compact yet bold design: an "engine turned" exterior with a contrasting gold gilt interior in addition to a construction quality that is second to none. As expected from Birmingham silversmiths of the Victorian era - a smooth hinge with a perfect close and precision in craftsmanship can be seen throughout this snuff-box. The box is fully hallmarked with the Victorian head, maker's mark "TS", date mark "(P)1838" and the Birmingham Anchor.
- English 1838 Pocket Silver Snuff Box
- Hallmarked TS (Thomas Shaw), Birmingham, Victorian Head, 1838 (P).
- Gold Gilt interior and engine turned exterior design.
- Size (mm) L:57mm W:35mm H:10mm
- Size (inches) L:2.24 W:1.38 H:0.39
- Weight: 46 Grams (1.62 oz)
Excellent Condition - Please bear in mind this item is antique and shows signs of cosmetic wear on the exterior and the internal gilding.
*We ship with Tracked and Signed (insured) - All postage costs & liabilities are covered by Artisan Antiques*
*Colours of the product may slightly differ from the photos due to different computer screens & lighting conditions*