Description and Details
A large table size English Georgian hallmarked snuff box made by silversmith Edward Smith in Birmingham 1833. A minimalistic yet bold table snuff box featuring a chased relief thumbpiece adjacent to the lid of the box and a contrasting silver gilt interior. All dimensions of the box are decorated with an "engine turned" design with an unmonogrammed top lid. As with all Birmingham quality silverware, the construction is second to none with a sturdy feel in the hand. An excellent addition to an antique interior decor or an addition to a snuff box collection.
- English 1833 Silver Table Snuff Box.
- Hallmarked ES (Edward Smith), Birmingham, Georgian Head, 1833 (K).
- Silver Gilt interior and relief thumbpiece.
- Size (mm) L:93mm W:50mm H:16mm
- Size (inches) L:3.66 W:1.96 H:0.62
- Weight: 136 Grams (4.79 oz)
Good Condition - Please bear in mind this item is antique and shows signs of cosmetic wear. The box has a slight indent in the front side as well as wear on the bottom engine turned design. Please examine the large photos for more details on the condition of this item.