Description and Details
A pocket-sized English snuff box with a gold gilt interior made by well-renowned silversmith John Linnit in London, 1831. This box crafted over 180 years ago features a classic engine turned/stippling pattern on the exterior with leaves in heraldry in the centre. Contrary to the modest exterior design, the interior is gold plated and shines gloriously - the inside lid has been engraved with a presentation greeting. The box's construction is very precise with a smooth hinge and a lid that closes well. The box is fully hallmarked with the Georgian head, silver lion, London assay, maker's mark and the date mark "q" (1831).
- English 1831 Sterling Silver Pocket Snuff Box
- Hallmarked J.L (John Linnit ), London, Georgian Head, 1831 (q).
- Gold Gilt interior and Presentation Engravings.
- Size (mm) L:67mm W:40mm H:15mm
- Size (inches) L:2.63 W:1.57 H:0.59
- Weight: 47 Grams (1.66 oz)
Restored Condition - Please bear in mind this item is antique and shows signs of cosmetic wear on the top and bottom of the box. The box has several corners restored. Please refer to the images for further details.