Description and Details
We are delighted to offer this spectacular solid sterling silver Irish tea set/service made by R W Smith of Dublin in 1837.
Made during the final year of the Georgian era, the tea set features a highly decorative, impressive and extravagant design with a superb degree of finesse in the craftsmanship, quality and finish of the set.
All three pieces have an applied-cast silver top wreath of interlinked acanthus leaves which flawlessly conjoin the embossed and chased motifs of flowers and further acanthus leaves below.
The body of each piece presents a high contrast texture with a sense of depth that is optically achieved by the polished high points of the flowers juxtaposing the stippled background which creates a darker shadow effect.
The overall shape of the set is in the form of a 'melon-shaped' tea set with further embellishments on all sides. The teapot lid features a realistic grape finial which aids in the opening of the lid.
- Teapot Size (mm) L:295mm W:190mm H:180mm
- Teapot Size (inches) L:11.6 W:7.48 H:7.08
- Sugar Bowl Size (Handle to Handle) W:250mm H:105mm
- Sugar Bowl Size (inches) W:9.84 H:4.13
- Milk Jug Size L:160mm W:110mm H:125mm
- Milk Jug Size (inches) L:6.29 W:4.33 H:4.92
- Total Weight - 1927 grams/ 68oz
Good Condition - The tea set is in overall good antique condition. Please note, the front left foot the teapot has some slight misshaping (last photo) and causes a very slight wobble upon placing on a flat surface. This is mentioned for accuracy and does not detract from the overall aesthetics nor its useability as the teapot still sits well with no concerns of spilling. There are no leaks, repairs or cracks. Please refer to the photographs to examine the condition in further detail.
Artisan Antiques offers a Global Free Shipping Service with discreet packaging and delivery.
*All parcels are insured and tracked - all shipping liabilities are covered by Artisan Antiques.
*Colours of the product may slightly differ from the photos due to different computer screens & lighting conditions*
- Price negotiations may be possible under certain criteria, please contact us via telephone (07578761640) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) -