Description and Details
This magnificent solid silver 4-piece tea & coffee service was intricately crafted and produced by the renown London maker on Regent Street: Goldsmiths & Silversmiths Company in 1897.
The set is comprised of a teapot, coffee pot, sugar bowl and milk pitcher of which all components are made and embellished with extraordinary detailing and quality.
Externally, the design not only features a unique upright form, but each piece is also further decorated with an array of desirable features such as the chased and engraved waist and neckline, all depicting fine acanthus leaves and scrolled motifs.
In addition to the main body, the "cast-silver" handles form a griffin/dragon figural handle with a looped tail-section toward the terminal. The top of the pots feature a heavyweight lid with an artichoke/acanthus bud finial which allows for an easy and smooth opening/closure.
Internally, all pieces remain in excellent clean condition for a set of its age with no leaks or damage, ideal for usage. Furthermore, the sugar bowl and pitcher feature a lustrous gilt interior which not only provides a contrasting aesthetic but protects the surface of the silver from oxidation and tarnishing from the contents inside.
Needless to say, such attention to detail and quality results in an astonishing tea/coffee service which is further evident upon closer inspection in hand, be it the solid weight of each piece or the intricately formed handles.
- Full set of hallmarks.
- Victorian Solid Silver Set made by Renown Maker: Goldsmiths & Silversmiths Company.
- Desirable unique aesthetic design with fine chasing & cast-silver handles with no monograms to the cartouche.
- Teapot: Height 21 cm, handle to spout 22 cm, capacity 1150 ml, weight 843 g
- Coffee pot: Height 26 cm, handle to spout 21 cm, capacity 1050 ml, weight 993 g
- Sugar Bowl: Height 12 cm, handle to handle 16 cm, weight 409 g
- Milk/cream jug: Height 18 cm, weight 318 g
- Total weight: 2563 g
Excellent Condition - The tea set is in excellent antique condition with no leaks or damage.
Artisan Antiques offers a Global Free Shipping Service with discreet packaging and delivery.
*All parcels are insured - all shipping liabilities are covered by Artisan Antiques.
*Colours of the product may slightly differ from the photos due to different computer screens & lighting conditions*
- Price negotiations may be possible under certain criteria, please contact us via telephone (07578761640) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) -