Description and Details
We are pleased to offer this large Victorian silver tazza-style basket made by silversmith William Devenport in Birmingham 1897.
The basket features an array of Rococo style motifs that have been die-stamped. The edges of the basket are embellished with floral designs, interlocking weaved patterns and Rococo style scrolls.
The basket is raised by a circular domed foot which elegantly displays the craftsmanship of the scalloped edges and leaves enough space for light to pass through the interlocked weavings of the edge.
The basket provides ample room to place fruit/sweets/bread - ideal for display or usage as a centrepiece on a dining table.
The swing handle attached to the basket features a unique embossed engraved design with petit spherical pieces connecting the two arched handles.
Hallmarks are fully present with the maker, date, silver passant and town assay mark.
A highly embellished centre-piece basket ideal for all situations whether be it for decoration, special occasions or for indulging personal use on an accompanying dining table.
- Intricately die-stamped and engraved motifs.
- High raised basket with circular tazza-style foot.
- Rococo style ornate embellishments.
- Size (mm) Diameter: 280mm Height: 95mm (245 inc handle)
- Size (inches) Diameter: 11.02 Height: 3.74 (9.64 inc handle)
- Weight: 555 grams (19.57oz)
Excellent Condition - The basket is in excellent antique condition. There are no cracks, dents or issues. Please refer to the photographs to examine the condition in further detail.
Artisan Antiques offers a Global Free Shipping Service with discreet packaging and delivery.
*All parcels are insured - all shipping liabilities are covered by Artisan Antiques.
*Colours of the product may slightly differ from the photos due to different computer screens & lighting conditions*
- Price negotiations may be possible under certain criteria, please contact us via telephone (07578761640) or email (email@example.com) -