Description and Details
We are delighted to offer this three-piece solid silver tea set consisting of a teapot, milk jug and a sugar bowl - made by silversmith John James Keith in 1836, London.
All three components are greatly designed with Georgian chasing: an embellished combination of floral designs accompanied with acanthus leaves on the handles and feet of each piece.
Additionally, the sugar bowl and milk jug have a silver gilt interior which contrasts the external silver-tone and acts as a layer of protection to prevent the silver from oxidising.
Distinct teapot features include a silver flower-shaped finial on the cover (at the top), original ivory insulators on the handle and a spout with hand-engraved stippling.
One side of each presents a discreet monogram with the letters "GG"
The hallmarks are fully and clearly present, consisting of the maker's mark (I.J.K), Georgian Head, London Assay, English Silver Lion and the date mark "A" for 1836.
- English 1836 Solid Silver and Interior Gilt 3 Piece Tea Set
- Hallmarked I.J.K (John James Keith), London, Georgian Head, 1836 (A).
- High Georgian Style Relief and Hand-engraved stippling.
- Teapot Size (mm) L:280mm W:180mm H:155mm
- Teapot Size (inches) L:11 W:7.08 H:6.1
- Teapot Weight: 890 Grams (31.4 oz)
- Sugar Bowl Size (Handle to Handle) L:225mm W:170mm H:130mm
- Sugar Bowl Size (inches) L:8.86 W:6.69 H:5.11
- Sugar Bowl Weight: 461 Grams (16.3 oz)
- Milk Jug Size L:145mm W:110mm H:145mm
- Sugar Bowl Size (inches) L:5.71 W:4.33 H:5.71
- Milk Jug Weight: 259 Grams (9.14 oz)
Excellent Condition - The tea set is in excellent antique condition with no dents, damage, leaks or issues.
Artisan Antiques offers a Global Free Shipping Service with discreet packaging and delivery.
*All parcels are insured - all shipping liabilities are covered by Artisan Antiques.
*Colours of the product may slightly differ from the photos due to different computer screens & lighting conditions*
- Price negotiations may be possible under certain criteria, please contact us via telephone (07578761640) or email (email@example.com) -