Description and Details
We are delighted to offer this American sterling silver wine cooler made by silversmith Howard & Co in New York, 1891.
Featuring twin silver-cast handle on the sides in combination with gadrooned sides finished in a high mirror-polish, the cooler certainly has an outstanding presence.
The front is embellished with large chased acanthus scrolls, stippled motifs and a large unmonogrammed cartouche.
The interior has a clean and original brushed silver finish.
The two handles feature an elegant curved design with a very sturdy construction which provides a sense of security which is necessary considering the heavyweight (1.2kg) of the cooler.
A magnificent addition to any large table for usage with champagne/wine bottles on special occasions or as a centrepiece addition to a collection.
- Very Large & Heavyweight Wine Cooler (wine bottle is full size).
- Ornate embellishments and classical gadrooned design.
- Sturdy solid silver construction, ideal for practical usage.
- Size (mm) Diameter: 190mm (315 inc handles) Height: 195mm
- Size (inches) Diameter: 7.48in (12.4in inc handles) Height: 7.67
- Weight: 1261 Grams (44.4 oz)
Excellent Condition - Please bear in mind the item is antique and shows signs of surface wear as expected with antique items (see photo 20). There are no dents, cracks or issues. Please refer to the photographs to examine the condition in further detail.
Artisan Antiques offers a Global Free Shipping Service with discreet packaging and delivery.
*All parcels are insured and tracked - all shipping liabilities are covered by Artisan Antiques.
*Colours of the product may slightly differ from the photos due to different computer screens & lighting conditions*
- Price negotiations may be possible under certain criteria, please contact us via telephone (07578761640) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) -