Description and Details
A three-piece solid silver tea set consisting of a teapot, milk jug and a sugar bowl - made by silversmith John James Keith in 1836, London. All three components are greatly designed with high Georgian style relief: a classic combination of floral designs accompanied with acanthus leaves on the handle and feet of each piece. Additionally, the sugar bowl and milk jug have a silver (lemon) gilt interior contrasting the external silver colour. Distinct teapot features include a silver flower-shaped finial on the cover (at the top), original ivory insulators on the handle and a spout with hand engraved stippling. The hallmarks consist of the maker's mark (I.J.K), Georgian Head, London Assay, English Silver Lion and the date mark "A" for 1836.
- English 1836 Solid Silver and Interior Gilt 3 Piece Tea Set
- Hallmarked I.J.K (John James Keith), London, Georgian Head, 1836 (A).
- High Georgian Style Relief and Hand engraved stippling.
- Teapot Size (mm) L:280mm W:180mm H:155mm
- Teapot Size (inches) L:11 W:7.08 H:6.1
- Teapot Weight: 890 Grams (31.4 oz)
- Sugar Bowl Size (Handle to Handle) L:225mm W:170mm H:130mm
- Sugar Bowl Size (inches) L:8.86 W:6.69 H:5.11
- Sugar Bowl Weight: 461 Grams (16.3 oz)
- Milk Jug Size L:145mm W:110mm H:145mm
- Sugar Bowl Size (inches) L:5.71 W:4.33 H:5.71
- Milk Jug Weight: 259 Grams (9.14 oz)
Excellent Condition - Please bear in mind this item is antique and shows slight signs of cosmetic wear. There are no dents, cracks or chips.