Description and Details
A pocket-sized English solid silver snuff box with a gold gilt interior made by silversmith Edward Edwards in London 1841. A conveniently sized little box ideal for carrying snuff or pills on the go featuring a modest external design contrasted by a bright gold gilt interior. The sides feature streaked parallel lines with a Georgian Style chase relief thumbpiece for ease of opening and the exceptional construction quality is evident with a precise lid closure and smooth hinge. The snuffbox is fully hallmarked with the London assay mark, the Victorian head, the maker & date marks.
- English 1841 Pocket Silver Snuff Box
- Hallmarked EE (Edward Edwards), London, Victorian Head, 1841 (F).
- Gold Gilt interior and Georgian style relief thumbpiece.
- Size (mm) L:57mm W:35mm H:15mm
- Size (inches) L:2.24 W:1.37 H:0.59
- Weight: 46 Grams (1.62 oz)
Restored Condition - Please bear in mind this item is antique and shows signs of cosmetic wear on the top and bottom of the box. The box has several corners restored as photographed. Please refer to the images for further details.