Description and Details
This lovely cake server is made from solid silver during the turn of the 19th-20th Century in Germany.
The handles feature a scissor-like design with floral chasing along the handle neck which leads to two scallop-shaped tongs which allows for sliced cake/sweets to be grabbed and served onto a plate from the main centrepiece plate.
The scallop-shaped ends feature an array of ornate piercing, foliate and floral motifs which complement the overall design well whilst remaining practical.
The handle is marked with the standard German 800 hallmarks.
A delightful addition to anyone's collection whether be it for display among other cutlery or for indulging usage in events such as celebrations, afternoon tea parties, etc.
- Practical yet ornate design - perfect working condition.
- Intricate pierced and scalloped design with large tongs, ideal for serving sweets/cakes.
- Size (mm) L:175mm W:60mm
- Size (inches) L:6.88 W:2.36
- Weight: 68 grams (2.39 oz)
Excellent Condition - The server is in great antique condition with no damage or issues. Please refer to the photographs to examine the condition in further detail.
Artisan Antiques offers a Global Free Shipping Service with discreet packaging and delivery. We will always ensure you receive the item and see the delivery through to the end.
*All parcels are insured - all shipping liabilities other than import/customs duty, are covered by Artisan Antiques.
*Colours of the product may slightly differ from the photos due to different computer screens & lighting conditions*
- Price negotiations may be possible under certain criteria, please contact us via telephone (07578761640) or email (email@example.com) -