Description and Details
We are delighted to offer this silver snuff box made by silversmith Berthold Muller - a Chester import of 1908.
The exterior features beautiful repousse decorations with the lid being especially ornate with a high raised scene of five figures.
Internally, the snuff box is fully gilt, however, due to the age of the item, some patina and wear are present.
The overall proportions of the box are large with a bold presence - upon holding in hand, the magnificent raised lid and the size of the box are further evident than photographed.
The hinge and lid have an excellent and smooth closure however the lid sits slightly higher on one end due to the uneven design of the raised lid.
The box has full hallmarks and are clearly stamped.
- Aesthetically ornate silver snuff box by Berthold Muller (Hanau Silver Import to Chester)
- Large Table Size
- Excellent interior gilding.
- Size (mm) L:100mm W:58mm H:40mm
- Size (inches) L:3.93 W:2.28 H:1.57
- Weight: 137 Grams (4.83 oz)
Excellent Condition - Please bear in mind the item is antique and may show signs of surface wear. There are some areas with patina and fine wear in the interior gilding. Please refer to the photographs to examine the condition in further detail.
Artisan Antiques offers a Global Free Shipping Service with discreet packaging and delivery.
*All parcels are insured and tracked - all shipping liabilities are covered by Artisan Antiques.
*Colours of the product may slightly differ from the photos due to different computer screens & lighting conditions*
- Price negotiations may be possible under certain criteria, please contact us via telephone (07578761640) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) -